[SunRescue] way offtopic: concrete stain!

BillBradfordmrbill at mrbill.net BillBradfordmrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Oct 2 12:42:26 CDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 01:35:36PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Our choice for the concrete floor in our living room was Pergo flooring.  It
> looks like hardwood flooring, goes down on top of a thin foam pad, glues
> together, and a 20x20 room plus a 2.5x15 hallway took a grand total of 8.5
> hours to install - including the molding around the edges.  I couldn't be
> happier with how it looks.  Much better than the ratty-ass carpet that was
> in there when we moved in.  The flooring is tough-stuff, too.  nothing seems
> to mar the surface - we recently bought a couple Oriental rugs (one for the
> living room and a runner for the hallway) and there are no marks on the
> floor from the backing.
> Be prepared to spend some money.  We spent about $600 for both areas.  Still
> cheaper than trying to do actual wood, though.

Yep - we've been looking at Pergo for a while now, but its out of our budget
for the immediate future - therefore we figured doing something to the
concrete was cheaper.  How I'm gonna get the existing concrete surface clean,
tho, I have no idea - its got glue spots, etc, on it from where the carpet
pad was glued down.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * KD5LQR