[SunRescue] way offtopic: concrete stain!

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Mon Oct 2 11:55:08 CDT 2000

I had excellent success with a laminate by Armstrong.  Looks wonderful, and
isn't near the cost of true hardwood.  Now, if I were to do it again...

1.  Do it yourself and spend the labor money on materials
2.  Buy the best damn stuff you can find, with as much wood on top as possible
3.  Get the planked stuff, where each piece is an individual plank that fits
	via tongue-groove or the like

Now, very few slabs that were poured in Texas, esp those for carpet floors,
seem to be level.  You will likely have to pay someone to float it, and that is
worth every single red penny.

Laminates are much cheaper than solid wood, and are quite durable.  They'd have
to be.. I have two dogs, 3 cats, and lots of junk.  We still put carpet in the
bedroom areas as we plan to resell in a few years, but I really like the wood
laminate.  Don't go for the Pergo cheap stuff, as it's just a photo printed on
a vinyl like stuff, go for as much real wood on top as possible.  The good stuff
can even be refinished a few times.

Reagen