[SunRescue] way offtopic: concrete stain!

KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net
Mon Oct 2 07:27:10 CDT 2000

In my basement, the floor was painted by the previous owners, and while I am
not sure how they did it, I can tell you it has one *very* upsetting
property... The paint is sticking to the nice rubber feet of all my
"treasures" in the basement. I can not put anything down on the floor
without something between it and the painted concrete...

I have a nice 17" monitor on my Den desk that is sitting on top of a folded
paper bag, becuse I couldn't get all the paint flakes off the rubber feet of
the monitor and I didn't want to ruin my desktop...

Maybe the previous owners used the wrong paint, but if you look in my
basment now, everything is resting on either a platic bag/sheet of bubble
wrap, or on a piece of furniture.

For my basement I bought a large scrap of the ugliest carpet I could find a
short-shag pink carpet that is about 12'x20' +/- this will be under my "play
area" in the basement once I get to it. Cost was well under $100, and I'll
not shed a tear if my 4 year old decides to spill paint on it! ;^)

Now, for my off-topic question, (well, it is *sorta* on topic) has anyone
ever gotten a soda machine for thier home, the kind that dispense 12 oz
cans? If I could get one that was signifigantly cheaper than a refigerator I
would jump on it, since all my beverages come in 12 oz cans, and I really
want to keep cold beverages in the basement.

Thanks,

Ken