[SunRescue] Ugh. Please read.

Peter Joules pjoules at coleg-powys.ac.uk
Fri Mar 31 04:22:55 CST 2000

At 10:57 31/03/2000 +0100, you wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Christopher Klein wrote:
>
> > are probably jealous, Sunhelp: nice looking informative website, Sun.com:
> > Oh look lets make more money and forget our roots.
>
>Thats the truth if ever there was one.

I think it is extremely shortsighted of Sun as users of their old equipment
*might* buy new Sun equipment for their employers.  The SunHelp site
provides a good source of support for their older equipment and thus keeps
people using Suns who couldn't otherwise afford to do so.

I think that their marketing department would do well to promote the
distribution of both info about their hardware and images of their software
for obsolete machines so as to get their equipment and software used as
widely as possible at no cost to themselves - free advertising.

In my opinion either that lawyer, or his boss, is a fool and is doing harm
to the Sun name by this sort of behaviour.

--
Regards
Pete