[SunRescue] Ugh. Please read.

Steve Doyle S.Doyle at csc.liv.ac.uk
Fri Mar 31 03:57:56 CST 2000

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Christopher Klein wrote:

> are probably jealous, Sunhelp: nice looking informative website, Sun.com:
> Oh look lets make more money and forget our roots.

Thats the truth if ever there was one.

The fact of the matter is that Sun seem to be all too eager to drop (and
ignore) anything to do with the older machines still being used in a lot
of places. The very machines that have put them where they are now as well.

That leaves people with nowhere else to go to find out information than
third party sites such as sunhelp, and its good to see that someone seems
to give a whit, even if Sun themselves clearly cant be arsed to.

For what it's worth Bill, you have my support and permission to post.

I cant help but wonder if Sun even realise how many of the older machines
are still being used by private individuals and the like. If they think
that this heavy handed tactics going to encourage end users to go out and
spend money on the newer stuff then they can think again.

> Message to Sun. It is not only big corporations with experts and millions
> of $ that buy and use SUN equip. Do not remove our friend Sunhelp.
> Let us have the Sun colors back, let us have the Sunhelp Logo back, what
> inthe hell have you really got to lose?????? Just think abou it!!!!

What Sun will lose is a lot of respect from a lot of people - and I dont
think that is a good corporate plan for anyone. Even Micro$oft is trying to
pull the 'no really - we do care' approach.

Sun - taking the fun out of dot com.

S.

-
:  Steve Doyle                                      paiste at csc.liv.ac.uk :
: Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad.               :