[SunRescue] Ugh. Please read.

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at double-barrel.be
Thu Mar 30 15:14:08 CST 2000

Also Bill, I would not think sun can do anything about your logo
legaly...okey it is similar but not a exact copy of the logo so they can
not legally require you to take it down. I had similar issues ones in the
U.K. with a report I had up and still have around on my server but less
public that raised issues about child-abuse in homes for children. Anyway
to cut it short I ended up talking to my lawyer about it and he stated
that I could use a logo similar to the logo of the original site aslong
as I made a slight change to the name used within the logo so not to
confuse the users of the site. All who have seen the sunhelp logo are
certainly not confused by it. they know who owns the site e.i. you. so
basicaly I think their claims won't stand up in court..and I suspect they
know it but are just trying to intimidate you. Also I sugest you contact
someone at eff.org they can and normaly give out good advice on this
issue. have a look at www.eff.org. their legal department is specialized
in internet legal issues.

Michael
---
Michael C. Vergallen A.k.A. Mad Mike,
Sportstraat 28			http://www.double-barrel.be/mvergall/
B 9000 Gent			ftp://ftp.double-barrel.be/pub/linux/
Belgium				tel : 32-9-2227764 Fax : 32-9-2224976