[SunRescue] Installing Linux over the network.

Richard Close richardc at datel-rail.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 05:15:44 CST 2000

> I've been having no luck netbooting an ultra 5.  Any tips/pointers?  It
> requests the file from the tftp server, then rerequests the file.  I let
> it rerequest for ~3hrs with no results.
> 	Nick

	[>]  I have managed to get this to work on my Sparcstation 5
machines OK.
	I used a Linux machine as the TFTP server. If yours runs Linux then
check the
	/var/log/messages syslog file for any messages from TFTP. This
should tell you
	the name and location of the file it is trying fetch. Make sure you
have a symbolic
	to the tftp image file with the correct name, in my case this was
C0A80164.SUN4M.

	Also have a look at the FAQ at:

	http://www.ultralinux.org/

	[>]  However you can probably ignore the comment about modifying the
TFTP source,
	I didn't have to make that mod.

	[>]  I hope this helps.

	Richard.