[SunRescue] Pulling SIMMs (was Sparcstation with 0 MB (does it boot ?))

Hatle, Steven J. shatle at vue.com
Fri Mar 10 10:13:20 CST 2000

I've always used a needle-nosed pliers and pulled straight up from one end.
Seems to have been OK.

Steve

I think the SS2 has the same slots as the IPC, which you ignore the little
clips, and pull the simm straight up out of the slots.  A steel hooked
dentist pick makes a great tool, just stick it through the hole in the
simm and pull.  I also have used a pair of pliers without any ill results,
but wouldn't recommend it if you had alternatives.  I think there is an
"official" tool with a Sun part number, but I have never seen one.

Tim

Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org