[SunRescue] Woah, a PCI Ultra 1

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Wed Mar 8 16:27:05 CST 2000

> On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > That must be a pain...  I wonder if you could have told them you purchased
> > XXX high end server, but your cards don't seem to work, and gotten a
> > replacement board.  :)
>
> This was back in the heyday of the Field Circus Engineer, where the idea
> of a mere mortal toying with internal parts was scoffed at.  Some people
> did manage it but it was a pain.

FYI, for those who are interested, the model was a VaxStation II/RC, and
here's a link to a comp.sys.dec post that covered a bit of the details.  Tim
Shoppa & Terry Shannon both had good posts on this in the past as well, but
I can't track them down at the moment...

http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=575841448

[actual on-topic sun stuff snipped :)]

Chris

--