[SunRescue] WTF is this?

apotter at icsa.net apotter at icsa.net
Wed Mar 8 16:24:48 CST 2000

Greetings, fellow propeller heads.....

I bid on and won a weird-ass portable Sparc at eBay.

It arrived today.  One of my guys, a former squid crypto tech, took one look
at it and said "Cool, a JOTS. Where in hell did you get that?"  It is a
modified RDI AFAICT, built by SAIC's tactical computing division.  The model
number is RSC-1X (MOCC).

It's encased in a grey steel case, with the color lcd attacked to the hinged
lid.

It appears to be completely functional except for the fact that the removable
HD and it's carrier are missing.  I'm sure I can rig something up, but I would
really like to track down one of the originals.

Any help or suggestions?

AL