RE [SunRescue] do I have a problem?

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Fri Mar 3 19:20:03 CST 2000

>All the bug I have seen are air cooled, stupid idea in my opinoin, what
happens when you are on the freeway in traffic... YOU SCREWED!!!
>                              V01d

Not really - The bug engine never ran hot.  All of the beetles I've seen
could sit for hours at a standstill and never overheat.  That engine is a
masterpiece - as far as small engines for small cars go.  Porsche really
designed that well - typical of anal-retentive German engineering.  The
engine is nearly bulletproof.  Why do you think that the stocker beetle
class is the most popular in events like the Baja 500 and others where
desert heat is a concern?  Simplicity in engineering at it's finest.

Kurt