[SunRescue] Logo Idea

David Rouse drouse at arlington.newsargus.com
Fri Mar 31 07:16:53 CST 2000

How about:

sunhelp.org
An independent resource for
owners of vintage Sun computers

Not interacting the sunhelp will de-emphasize the 'Sun' part and the
'independent' and 'vintage Sun computers' will make Sun less likely to
think that people are getting free support instead of buying a contract.

Your strongest assets have been an easy-to-navigate collection of
relevant FAQs, many hosted by yourself and the community of email lists
you host. You could leave the news gathering to solariscentral (I wonder
if they are going to ditch their 'Solaris swirl') and spend your free
time (well, not all of it) on the list software and FAQ-finding.

At work we maintain silver support level with Sun and will continue to
do so no matter what you or solariscentral offer. But it is nice to have
a connection with the user community that you provide. Plus, my use of
Suns at work creates a desire to use Suns at home which strengthens my
resolve to keep using Suns at work, a synergy that Sun ought to
understand. Your site helps me be able to keep a Sun at home, with your
focus with the vintage hardware user-owner and at-home help.

--
David Rouse
Network Manager