[SunRescue] [non-sun] need Mac parts!

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Mar 30 13:13:12 CST 2000

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com wrote:

> >>You shouldn't see any options in the Monitors control panel for
> >>resolutions/depths you can't support.
>
> Incorrect. http://til.info.apple.com.  See article number 24858.  They only
> (within about a year) have idiot proofed being able to put the video
> circuitry into a resolution that the on-board(built-in or card) will
> support but that the monitor will not.  It's quite easy to screw this up,
> even now. :D

I should have been more specific.  I meant that you shouldn't see any
options in the Monitors panel for resolutions/depths that your video
circuitry can't support.  Since Bill's problem was related to changing bit
depth, not resolution or refresh rate, I doubt that your citation is
applicable.

-James