[SunRescue] Re: Rescue digest, Vol 1 #403 - 18 msgs

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Mar 25 16:05:35 CST 2000

"Paul Khoury" <pkhoury3 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 23:00:08 -0600, Fleet Captain Druaga wrote:
>
> > My! My! My!  You do spend a lot of time flogging yourself don't you?
>
> Okay, I'm a moron.  What is flogging?

Flagellation.  Whipping.  Various other forms of abuse.

In British slang, the verb "to flog" can also be approximately the same
as "to sell", although it implies that the goods are of somewhat suspect
quality and legality.

I trust that Mike meant the former as I'd hate to see dodgy goods on
this list :-)

and, BTW, I don't see what was wrong with Mike sending his little ad to
the list.  It *was* on-topic after all, and I'm sure we're all
interested in dealers in second-hand Suns.  And it's not as if he's a
serial spammer - he is a valued member of our community.  So Mike - no
flogging!

<ASIDE>
  Mike, I'm interested in buying an SGI Indy, a (small!) AS/400, and
  a Microvax if that's the sort of stuff you deal in.  Shipping to the
  UK would be a bit of a bastard, I know, but the dealers over here
  seem to be on a mission to rip me off.
</ASIDE>

--
David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk |