[SunRescue] VME Based Sun Workstation

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Sat Mar 18 19:30:36 CST 2000

Hello,
Here's one that's probably unusual for my first post here. I may want to buy
a VME based Sun3 or 4. The reason is that I may have a line on an old
Symbolics UX400S board. This is a VME base Lisp Machine for running in a Sun
Workstation. If I do get this board, I would dearly love to be able to get
it running.

Ironically enough, a couple of years ago it looked like Symbolics might pull
back from bankruptcy and during that period I was able to buy a copy of the
last OS/Lisp system that they shipped, Genera 8.3. So now, unlike most, I've
got the software but not the hardware...

Any hints on where to find one of the VME machines? My budget is going to be
very slender for this.

Thanks in advance for any help,

William
--
Live without fear; your Creator loves you     | William Barnett-Lewis
as a mother. Go in peace to follow the good   | mailto://wlewis@mailbag.com