[SunRescue] Pulling SIMMs (was Sparcstation with 0 MB (does it boot ?))

Nick Poolos poolos at net.ohio-state.edu
Fri Mar 10 11:05:48 CST 2000

If you have to go with the needle nose pliers route, covering the tips with electrical tape helps.  This buys you a litte padding and will keep the pliers possible pouging up the cirucuit board.  Just be sure that you are gripping a trace and pull real hard.

NeXT's also used this type of SIMM socket.  They actually sold the "NeXT SIMM removal tool", a NeXT logoed dental pick.  So yes a dental pick is probably your best choice.  They should run ~$5 at a model railroad or other hobby shop.

--
Nick

* Hatle, Steven J. (shatle at vue.com) [000310 11:14]: