[SunRescue] How to boot a Sun3

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at double-barrel.be
Fri Mar 3 13:05:02 CST 2000

Hi,
I managed to tapeboot my Sun3/60 with netbsd-1.4 but it doesn't go past
the kernel... e.i it gets to detecting the drive gives me an error message
about the blocksize not being correct and then gives me a message about
no /dev/console and stops... When I try to install SunOS 4.1.1 on the box
it gives me "Invalid page bus error" what is the problem ? Anyway hoow
could I manage to get an os on the system... Or do I have to hack the
system by creating the bootlayout on the disc from an other system and
preping the disc ?

Michael
---
Michael C. Vergallen A.k.A. Mad Mike,
Sportstraat 28			http://www.double-barrel.be/mvergall/
B 9000 Gent			ftp://ftp.double-barrel.be/pub/linux/
Belgium				tel : 32-9-2227764 Fax : 32-9-2224976