[SunRescue] DEC HDs

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon Jun 19 03:45:01 CDT 2000

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Anybody have any ~1gig or bigger *actual DEC* (e.g., with DEC
> firmware) SCSI HDs lying around?  I'm trying to change down a
> strange problem with the SCSI bus on a VAXstation 4000...

I could probably dig up a DEC RZ26L for you if I find it. That's a
re-epromed Quantum DSP 1.0GB SCSI-drive that runs like a horse, believe
me. :-)

Just realized that I'm about to rescue two VAX 4000-300 with an
additional BA440 DSSI box. That's some 5 x RF31 (300MB/each), 3 x RF72
(1GB/each) and a (*drum roll*) RF73 drive! Whopping 12ms 2GB drive in
that one, sure did cost a smaller fortune by that time.
The biggest DSSI-drive manufactured (according to DECdirect '94 in my
hand), was the RF74 with 3.6GB capacity.
These should fit nicely into the clustered VAX 3400 and 7000-610, all
DSSI.

	/Regards, Bjorn (aka Luke VAXhacker)