[SunRescue] Re: Pictures!(of the Sun2 and others)

Paul E Coad coad at sonic.net
Thu Jun 15 13:12:01 CDT 2000

The pictures of the Sun2s are very interesting.  I have two 2/50 and they
are a bit different.  The first thing I noticed is that mine have a
punch-out for a SCSI port (I do not have one of the SCSI cards, but I do
have the Multi-bus to VME bus converter board.  Second interesting thing
is the port labeled "TOUCH SCREEN".  Any information about that?

Is the top part of the case (with the dimple) metal or plastic?  The
2/50 of mine which has that part intact is made of metal.

It appears in (sun2-j.jpg) that the the top part of the lower (inner?)
case is hinged.  Is this really the case?

Cool stuff.  Thanks for the pictures.

--paul