[SunRescue] External disks on SS2

David Cantrell davidc at oven.com
Mon Jun 12 05:51:48 CDT 2000

Hello folks.

I'm having wierdness happening with my Sparcstation 2 and external
hard disks.

It boots just fine off the internal disk, but as soon as I connect
an external disk - which I have verified to be working on my Intel
laptop - the SS2 doesn't do *anything*.  Not even the power-on checks
for the memory etc.

The disk is a Fujitsu MAC3091SP 9.1Gb ultra-turbo-ninja-nutter device,
in an external box, using a SCSI3 -> SCSI2 adapter which I have also
verified to be working.  The disk is set to SCSI ID 6 (but I have also
tried a couple of other IDs).  I have tried with and without using
the disk's built-in termination, and with and without an external
terminator on the external disk box.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated - please CC them to me at
this address as well as to the list.

David Cantrell | Techie | Oven Digital UK | davidc at oven.com

     Those who do not understand the internet
     are doomed to reimplement it poorly.