[SunRescue] Obligatory SGI Monitor question

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Jun 6 12:03:37 CDT 2000

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> I have a 19" SGI Granite monitor... A good Sony w/ 13W3 Inputs. It's a
> GDM-20-???? (I'm on the road and it's at home.) Will this work with a Sun
> Ultra 1 w/ a TGX? I assume it is a multi-sync sync-on-green, so it should
> work, right?

Sun, as a general rule, does not use sync on green.  The monitor is
multisync but may or may not be able to sync all the way down to 31.5KHz
VGA (not important for a Sun).

Sun normally uses composite sync.  If you get or build a sync combiner to
overlay the csync signal onto the green line then it will probably work.

The 13W3 pinouts for SGI and Sun are also different.

-James