[SunRescue] Quick question re: RSM214 and Ultra 2 rackmount

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Sun Jun 4 06:30:03 CDT 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 ward at zilla.nu wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 01:07:23PM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:
>
> > Anyone got a full enclosed cabinet they'd like to sell/trade in the s/w
> > U.S.?
>
> I eliminated mine and went with Ikea shelving.  While it's not as practical as a
> 19" rack, it looks better in an apt with no walls (and thus is visible from the
> living room and bedroom areas).

I'm doing something similar now with slightly more industrial
freestanding shelving.  I'd like a cabinet for two reasons: I have items
that are really better racked (like 100lb drive trays on slide rails) and
the noise from all the fans is really starting to bug me.  The open telco
racks that are all the rage now won't fit either bill.

Actually, what I really need is a finished basement with 220V power.
Definately a priority in choosing the next house.

-James