[SunRescue] more serial port troubles

Jeff Borisch jborisch at cgrg.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jun 4 13:21:56 CDT 2000

	Hi Folks I have been doing more work on getting the serial console
output to my mac.

I have an ss1+ that works just great. with 25pin to mini 8 DIN with null
modem adapter.

The IPX I have I cannot get to work at all. The cable is a mac printer
cable which has all the approprite conductors and both + and - TxD and RxD
lines are crossed. I have tried it with both jumper settings on the system
board. It can be set to either RS-423 or RS-232.

The real question is... If the eeprom settings are set to the non defaults
(ttya != 9600,8n1 fro example) does that screw with serial console output?

thanks a bunch
--jeffrey