[SunRescue] Display problem with Netscape 4.73 under Solaris 2.6

Patrick Giagnocavo a222 at redrose.net
Fri Jun 2 11:21:56 CDT 2000

> Hello,
>     I have installed Netscape Communicator 4.73 on my SPARCBook 3GX running
> Solaris 2.6, but I am having a problem - when I call up a web site, the
> initial screen
> appears fine, but if I scroll down, the display is jumbled.

I have seen this before on other X implementations of Netscape, on certain
web sites.  It may not be the notebook but the software.

Try changing the settings in the Netscape preferences, such as turning off
any of their fancy font settings ("use my default fonts instead of ones
specified by the document" or something like that.)

I am trying to remember if the 3GX has accelerated graphics hardware or just
a dumb framebuffer.  If it has accelerated graphics, check the man page and
see if you can give a command line switch to the X server to turn that off.
Then see if that changes the behavior.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222 at redrose.net