[SunRescue] Best prices on SS20/Ultra compatible RAM... and s ome disk pointer s/finds

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Jun 28 21:43:25 CDT 2000

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> I haven't figured out the pricing on these things yet.  I'd be inclined to
> just get a cheap ATX case, and an external to internal SCSI adapter (you
> know, one of the ones that has the 68-pin external on one end, and the
> 68-pin internal on the other, and covers on of the slots on the back of a PC
> case).  PeeCees aren't much good for anything else, but it makes a pretty
> decent disk box, and it's a bunch cheaper than a "real" SCSI disk box.  You
> can't change the SCSI ID as easily, but once I have things installed, I
> never change the ID anyway.

I do find the flimsy cases to be a bit of a liability though.

Anyone in southern California who wants big disk boxes, mail me.  I still
have 2 of the 6-bay 5.25" FH rackmount trays left.  With a bit of bracket
construction you could easily fit 20-30 3.5" hh drives into one of them,
and the powersupplies are beefy enough to handle it.

-James