[SunRescue] Heat issues with older suns

Chris Drelich hyena at interport.net
Mon Jun 12 11:32:49 CDT 2000

I have a few older desktop/pizza box style suns(Sun2/50, Sun3/50, Sun3/60),
which seem to for the most part have their fans on the bottom of the system.
What is a good way to store these systems when they run?  If they are setup in
standard desktop fashion, will they overheat after a few days running like
this?  Is it okay to stack them on top of each other, can they cool themselves
properly this way?  Im just concerned about these systems due to the age of
them.  Also, I noticed that most sun picture archives don't have many photos of
the Sun2s.  If I can borrow my friend's digital camera, would anyone have
interest in these pictures?

Chris