[SunRescue] LX for sale (loaded?)

Cyrus M. Reed reedc at cc.wwu.edu
Tue Jun 6 23:48:51 CDT 2000

I'd have to agree.  Most of the time parting things out will get you
more money, if not simply for the fact that many times people only need
one or two components to upgrade an existing machine.  The parts are
worth more to them because even if it's more than it would be as part of
a complete system, it's still cheaper than buying a whole new box.  I'd
say this is expecially true for rarer cards/items, i.e. an SS20 8MB
VSIMM or the LX VSIMM you have.  As part of a system it would probably
end up being worth less than if it were sold as an individual item.
>From a buying perspective, it's a lot nicer though finding systems that
are complete with all the options (for less of course than you could add
them to a more stripped down box).  Sometimes the whole is less than the
sum of it's parts...

-Cyrus