AW: [SunRescue] Max capacity of harddisk supported by SS20

Chris Drelich hyena at interport.net
Fri Jul 21 05:54:11 CDT 2000

% Executing command: df -k
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0      43762   33719    5667    86%    /
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6     263456  208241   28870    88%    /usr
/proc                      0       0       0     0%    /proc
fd                         0       0       0     0%    /dev/fd
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3      29905   10779   16136    41%    /var
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7    4136979 3546392  549218    87%    /export/home
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5    3717657 2106813 1573668    58%    /usr/local
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1     301411  188478   82792    70%    /usr/openwin
swap                  267392     288  267104     1%    /tmp

The system is in use by ~50 people, and this has proven to be an alright setup
for it.  What do you intend to use /opt for?  I know this may be blasphemy, but
I've never been a big fan of /opt, I much prefer /usr/local.  Do you intend to
install a lot of software?  I assume this is for a desktop running X rather
then a server?  I would definetly shrink /var and /  I would remove /etc all
together, its a bad idea to have it seperated from /.

So ~50meg for / ~300 for /usr/openwin and no /etc partition.  That saves you
550megs right there.  If you get rid of opt(which I reccomend) you save another
2gigs.  How large is your swap section?  Do you intend to use your system as an
email or news server?  If not shrink /var a LOT.  /usr is probably about on target.
Chris