[SunRescue] IPX questions, suggestions

scohen - Stephen Cohen scohen at acxiom.com
Tue Jul 18 08:33:06 CDT 2000

My IPX runs Red Hat 6.2 (2.2.16-3).  The connection to the network was a
simple matter of attaching a transceiver to the AUI connector.

The box was recently upgraded to 64Mb of memory and the CPU replaced with a
Weitek 80Mhz.  It is marginally faster, even if measured only through
seat-of-the-pants observations.

It came with a 20" monitor.  However, graphics on this box are dog slow.  It
is much faster (but still slow) to X the output over to, say, an NT box
running Exceed.

I plan on using the monitor on my PC and rebuilding the boot process such
that the IPX will come up, headless, on its own.  Since Apache response is
quite acceptable, it is slated to host my websites http://cohenbrothers.org,
http://venture60.com and http://deltavortex.com.  All I have to do is finish
rebuilding a dual-NIC, 50Mhz Intel box to masquerade the IPX and other boxes
on my home network.

Regards,
Steve