[SunRescue] Q on "optimal" OS for Sun4c machines, now that Solaris8 won't runn

KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jul 18 07:53:39 CDT 2000

Yep - these machines are still in use, mainly as X workstations for other
servers -
I have seen them in use at Telcordia (formerly Bellcore), the half-sister of
Lucent
spun-off to the RBOCs (baby bells) after the breakup of AT&T.

I *shudder* to think what Bellcore paid for these units, but they have
*certainly*
gotten their monies worth from them...

Ken