AW: AW: [SunRescue] which openBOOT for SUN IPC?

chris Gunther madram at video.de
Tue Jul 18 03:01:08 CDT 2000

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BFF09F.186C99E0

good point

+---------------------------------+
|             chris               |
| ------------------------------- |
|  database design & programming  |
|   agentur fiedler / video.de    |
|                                 |
|                 madram at video.de |
+---------------------------------+

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: rescue-admin at sunhelp.org [mailto:rescue-admin at sunhelp.org]Im
Auftrag von James Lockwood
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Juli 2000 09:47
An: rescue at sunhelp.org
Betreff: Re: AW: [SunRescue] which openBOOT for SUN IPC?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, chris Gunther wrote:

> that sounds like I am on the right way ;-) But
> where can I get such OBP(?) and do I have to kind
> of "flash" it to my NVRAM or where does SUN
> store the OBP prom?

Why do you think you need to update the PROM?  Other than some rare
problems with device support the version that you have now will likely be
fine.  What version do you have?

The OBP is stored on an EPROM on the board.  This can be upgraded by
replacing or reprogramming the chip.  The IPC, being nearly a decade old,
predates the commonplace use of flash for firmware.

-James

Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BFF09F.186C99E0

BEGIN:VCARD