[SunRescue] Installing Solaris without cdrom

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Mon Jul 17 08:46:23 CDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Ken Hansen wrote:

:Oh, wait, you may need two CD-ROMs for Solaris 2 - is that the case? I have
:only installed Solaris 8 once, and then took the defaults - I don't remember if
:the second CD-ROM was optional or not...

The second CD-ROM is optional. It includes goodies like Netscape. Remeber
there are THREE CD-ROMs, the cheezy install CD which you can skip, the
"real" CD w/ the OS, and then the add-in CD. If you select 'Entire dist.
+OEM Support' and then LEAVE OUT disksuite and netscape from your install
you won't need the 2nd disk.

-Jon

--
Jonathan Katz
e-mail: jon at jonworld.com
website: http://jonworld.com
proprietor: http://bachelor-cooking.com
Cell: 317-698-4023 * Pager: 800-759-8888 1770869 * FAX: 530-688-5347