[SunRescue] Installing Solaris without cdrom

KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jul 17 08:29:04 CDT 2000

The PC would need to be able to use the dd command
(linux/solaris/SCO/whatever) to
copy the CD-ROM contents to the hard disk. And remember, your install will
only
have about 1.4 Gig available for building the system, since you have taken
up aprox.
600 Meg with the CD-ROM image (could be smaller, just a guess as to the
contents
of a Solaris instal CD-ROM)...

Oh, wait, you may need two CD-ROMs for Solaris 2 - is that the case? I have
only
installed Solaris 8 once, and then took the defaults - I don't remember if
the second
CD-ROM was optional or not...

HTH,

Ken