[SunRescue] Q on "optimal" OS for Sun4c machines, now that So laris8 won't runn

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Jul 12 12:56:52 CDT 2000

Those are Sun4c machines as well.  The LX, classic, SS4/5/10/20 are some of
the Sun4m machines.  I've got 4 SS2s sitting on my floor, and only 1 of them
has a dead NVRAM, and it's not that hard to fix.

As for my preferred OS, I'm very familiar with Linux and Solaris, but not at
all with the BSDs.  I've got OpenBSD on a machine, but it's UGLY as SIN for
console work, and my number pad doesn't work, so I'm not exactly thrilled.
It does install, which is more than I can say for Linux right now, so I'll
have to wait and see what I can make work.  Later,
	Grego