[SunRescue] Pointer to SS2 FM info pages?

GregoryLeblancGLeblanc at cu-portland.edu GregoryLeblancGLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Jul 12 12:39:55 CDT 2000

What's wrong with the SHR?  :-)  I've been doing a lot of work on mine,
testing out various ram things.  Assuming that you're using 9-pin SIMMs,
start from the group of slots closest to the SBUS slots, and fill straight
forward.  On my machine, you have to fill the bank closest to the SBUS slots
first (which means 4-SIMMs, but the SHR has a nice ASCII diagram), but after
that it doesn't seem to matter how the banks are filled.  Mixing 3-chip and
9-chip SIMMs does not work, nor does mixing "Logic-Chip Parity" and "True
Parity" 3-chip SIMMs.  Yes, I am working on writing all of this down...
	Grego