Re(2): [SunRescue] Broken 3/60 board

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Tue Jan 25 08:35:22 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>Peter Koch told me it's the ethernet's BNC connector driver. Maybe
>someone put 220V AC on their 10-base-2?
>Anyway, I'll plug it into my 3/50 an try it out like this. To tell the
>truth, I can't really recall having tried it myself.
>
>Maarten

I'd say a chip that close to a connector has a pretty good chance of dying
by "oops", especially with the nasties that can occur to a 10b2 network,
which usually lay all over the floor for people to walk on and roll pianos
over :-)  If that's all that's dead, maybe your best bet is skip it and
use a network card.