[SunRescue] What 4/xxx vme boards have on-board esp scsi?

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Fri Jan 21 12:41:20 CST 2000

I have been trying for the past year or so to get a working NetBSD/OpenBSD
port on old sun4 VME hardware with sun3 controllers, with basically no
good results due to scsi problems.  On a lark, I tried an aging old
Sparc 4/110 board with the on-board esp controller, and lo and behold,
the silly critter is running OpenBSD perfectly.  &%$#@! scsi controllers!
Anyway, I think I might want to try to find another sun4 board with the
esp controller and toss my 4/260 configuration (old sunos is fine, but
I need a solid late model BSD running).

What specific cpu boards would folks recommend me to look for in VME sun4
boards for a little more horsepower than the 4/110 board?

What specific cpu boards have on-board video, or is the 4/110 the only
one?

Anyone got a spare 4/110 cpu?

Anyone need a 4/260 board set (swap/trade --- don't need money)?
My set is a 4/260 CPU + 4 8M ECC ram boards.  If I swap/trade for
a board with on-board esp scsi, I will throw in a sun3 controller
with the dual-headed output lines (I think that set has a dual
headed controller).  Prefer local pickup only so I can demo that
it works.

Anyone need a 3/160 board set (swap/trade --- as above).
My set is a 3/160 CPU + 3 4M Carrera ram boards.  If I swap/trade for
a board with on-board esp scsi I will throw in a sun3 controller with
the dual headed output.  Prefer local pickup only so I can demo that
it works.

I have some other spare boards, such as video and HD.  I will get a
list together if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Bob