[SunRescue] Silly Question.

Kent Rankin krankin at usit.net
Thu Jan 20 02:08:24 CST 2000

> > Slightly off topic, but has anyone tried Quake 2 on an Indigo2 Max or High
> > Impact? How much of a difference does the hardware texture mapping make?
>
> Goes from vaguely playable to extremely intense.  An Onyx2 IR is mind
> blowing.  :)

	Actually, I was playing Quake on a Onyx RE2 Deskside the other day, and
was actually *RATHER* impressed when playing at 1280x1024.  Didn't
recall it being nearly as fast.

	I don't even want to think about what it would be like on a Onyx2 IR.
I mean, we're talking nausea.  Not to even dream on what it would be
like when viewed through a 6-sided CAVE.  *shudder*

							-Kent Rankin