Re(2): [SunRescue] 4/6xx capabilities?

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Jan 11 13:55:25 CST 2000

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Tim Hauber wrote:

> Actually, if you get an MP processor board, it does have 4 Sbus slots, but
> one of the two processors will block one.  So you get 3 usable Sbus slots
> and 2 Mbus, or 1 Mbus and 4 Sbus.

Unless you have a SM52X module in the lower slot, this will give you dual
51's and leave you with 4 slots open.  Darn rare though.

> The 690 VME backplane is different than the others, and I have yet to get
> my 690 to see the additional RAM card in a 4/260 Chassis

Are the mainboard and RAM card on the same P2 segment?  That will be the
deciding factor, and the x60 chassis has 2 P2 busses (slots 1-7, and
10-12).  Slots 8 and 9 do not have the P2 connectors bussed to anything.

The x90 chassis busses 1-7 together, 11-12 together, and 13-15 together.
There should be nothing unusual about the x90.

-James