[SunRescue] Hardware reference re-structuring ideas.

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Wed Jan 5 15:36:19 CST 2000

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Chris Petersen wrote:

<snip!>

> Definetely.  What I think you're looking at, at least IMHO, would be
> something like this:
>
> A. Introduction (some rough history of Sun, purpose of FAQ)
> B. Sun Hardware Specifications (Basics, bus, speed, memory type)
> 	  1. Sun1
> 	  2. Sun2
> 	  3. Sun3
> 	  4. Sun3x
> 	  x. ...
> 	x+1. Chronological Reference chart
> C. Architecture, Hardware Specifics
> 	  1. Sun1 Architecture Notes
> 		a) SUN 1 Hardware Notes/Errata
> 		x) ...
>
> (etc.)...

I like how that looks, just to throw in my 2 cents. I'd also like to
comment on the usefulness of the original hardware FAQ:

For me anyway, I see 2 primary uses for it:

a. To look up information on a specific item
b. To pick up all sorts of interesting facts and information (in general)

So I'd love to see an update of the FAQ, especially to get my eyes on
additional information not included in the current version (an example: In
Part V there is nothing under the floppy drive section).

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * Descent * SCSI
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Raiders * Galaga * SPARCstation LX
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Star Wars * Voltron * Star Trek * Summer
--Linux/SPARC-Debian-2.1--------------!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !-----2.2.13--