[SunRescue] sparc 2 mystery part

Justin Baker justin at justinb1.dhs.org
Thu Jan 27 11:47:40 CST 2000

Hi all.

I got a sparcstation 2 today.  When I opened it, I noticed this, well, thing
screwed into a drive tray and plugged into the power connector next to one
of the scsi connectors (the one farthest from the power supply).... What the
heck is it?

It is a green board sort of shaped like a SIMM, except taller.  It has a
black cylinder on the top and says "Sun Microsystems."  on the bottom, it
says "270-1667-01 REV 50."

Do I need this for anything.  Its taking up one of the spaces for a drive
tray, and I'd like to put two drives in here.

Thank you.
Justin Baker