[SunRescue] Broken 3/60 board

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 24 19:04:02 CST 2000

I wrote:

> since some time now I've got a 3/60 board which
> is broken. The chip at U507 (grid location B2 or

Okay, I tested it out. As was told to me, the BNC ethernet lead
might be dead. At the moment all ethernet is dead. ifconfig fails at
boot: ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCGIFFLAGS) no such interface
I looked at J800 (13-14), which is jumped, so it takes AUI ethernet.
I unjumped it but to no avail.
ifconfig does return a valid ethernet address.
I also noticed that the board was running quite hot. When I took it
out (after maybe 5 minutes running) it was as hot as a hot running
drive (just touchable by hand). The fan is rather clogged, but is this
right?

Apart from that, it boots like it wasn't out of business ever. Clock
has gained 1268 days (might be about right), and current time is
only 2m15s fast of local time. Not bad at all for 15 year old
hardware.

Maarten
--
Maarten Deen                                           +31 (0)77 3076879
mdeen at xs4all.nl                              http://www.xs4all.nl/~mdeen