[SunRescue] Linux for SPARCStation 2

Sam Creasey sammy at oh.verio.com
Mon Jan 24 10:42:58 CST 2000

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Matthew Haas wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Kent Rankin wrote:
> >
> > 	You could also run Solaris, NetBSD, OpenBSD, OpenStep, and a few other
> > operating systems.
> >

> SPARClinux is my primary OS, and I love it... but I've been trying to play
> around with other OSes... played with SunOS (which I like), and Solaris
> (which I don't like as much)... I know of Open and Net BSD... but
> OpenStep? Where can I find more information on it? Is it free or does it
> cost money?

OpenStep is $$$...  As I rmember it's $250 for the educational license,
and considerably more for non-educationaluse...   I've looked into
actually buying it to replace NextStep 3.3 on my NeXT, but... $250....

BTW, NextStep 3.3 (and probably earlier versions) should run on most
SparcStations also...

-- Sam

"UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT
Information is ENCOURAGED, ESPECIALLY to COMPUTER BULLETIN BOARDS."
	-- Robert E. McElwaine