[SunRescue] CDE ramblings (was: Solaris on older Sparc boxes)

Kent Rankin krankin at usit.net
Thu Jan 20 01:59:12 CST 2000

> > Convex sold such a beast for test stations (712s).  Might could find one through
> > what's left of Convex.
>
> I'm still recovering from my last SPP1000, thank you very much.  :)
>
> Doubt that there would be any support for the card in mainstream HPUX
> anyway.  Neat piece of history though.  I'm actually very impressed by
> used HP hardware, it provides a better bang for the buck in raw
> computation much as SGI kit provides better graphics power.  I've seen
> some excellent deals on 735/125's recently.

	Would anyone have such a operators workstation?  Any leads on the
operating system for a SPP1000?

	I've got a friend with a SPP1000 that has been trying to get it up and
running for a while with no luck.  Mind you, I haven't even hooked up a
packet monitor for him in order to see what goes through the network,
but I'd be interested in anything that might help with the project.

							Thanks,
							Kent Rankin

P.S. - I'll have two SPP1200's and a SPP-1600 soon, should anyone be
interested.  	*grin*