[SunRescue] another console, on a card...

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Feb 24 21:34:49 CST 2000

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> That is not a mouse port, that is an S-video port IIRC. Can't remember who
> made it.

It's a keyboard/mouse port.  The GXtra contains both a Sun GX framebuffer
and 2 serial ports to drive another console.

It shipped with special drivers to run a secondary X server, but if you
don't have them and if the serial ports show up "normally" then try the
doubleX package.  It's normally designed to use a pair of normal serial
ports for the keyboard and mouse but if the ones on the card work it
should be plug and play.

Do a show-devs at the ok prompt and see if you get additional zs entries
for the 2 extra ports.

-James