[SunRescue] ISDN "taking off"... my telco lied

Cyrus M. Reed reedc at cc.wwu.edu
Fri Feb 11 00:27:26 CST 2000

There's more to it than distance.  Things like line quality and if there
is any extra equipment between you and the CO play a role too.  I think it
was you (or somebody) who said that your modem wouldn't connect over 19k.
I'd guess if this is the case, you won't get ADSL to work on the same line
no matter how close you are; that is your Telco might not have lied.  It's
all new anyway, given time I'm sure everything will get upgraded to the
point that it will be trivial to get ADSL (that's what I'm hoping for
anyway).

My $0.02

-Cyrus