Re(2): Soda-talking (was Re: [SunRescue] Real ISP)

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Tue Feb 29 09:33:39 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>P70's I think - Dunno if it was MCA, I think so.  I think a 30-80MB HD,
>gas
>plasma
>screen, luggable, 386DX-25 or something like that, max RAM was something
>stupid
>like 8-10MB.
>
>Paul

386 DX, ranged from 12-20 MHz (IIRC) held 8M on board, 8M in one of two
MCA slots, had external access to one of the slots for Modem or NIC, Cost
an absolute bundle when new, in fact according to the IBM site you can
still spend $5+K easily buying replacement parts, but I doubt they
actually have any left, those are just old prices.  My goal was to make a
luggable terminal/telnet machine, but mine seems to have decided it has a
memory glitch and turned off memory interleave, which made it kinda slow
for a 386 DX/20