[SunRescue] SS1 bookshelves

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 28 04:02:03 CST 2000

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:57:06 +0000, P.A.Osborne wrote:

>NO DONT GO THERE.  Its so painfull it makes me want to weep thinking
>about it.

Too late Paul, it's about 60% done.

>I just jope that you are using a Sun 2 speed CDROM drive so you have the
>full painfull experience.

Trust me, my Plextor 4Plex is probably far worse - I'm using a Sony Caddy 4x
over the network to install - and it's actually going fast.

>It was the jumbo patch that finally did it for me....

Yeah, those take forever.  Too bad Solaris doesn't have Tetris for Terminals
or other productive utilities to pass the time... ;-)h

>> and yet another which I'm going to put Linux on - the 2 I have now are
>> both loaded with 64MB of RAM... =)
>
>I admit however that OpenBSD on a sparc 2 with 64MB is nice but
>Solaris is just sooo painfull.

Are you sure?  In terms of memory usage, yes, but speed, nah.  Runs on my SS2's
pretty well for that matter...