[SunRescue] 3/60 crate

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 28 03:39:58 CST 2000

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:26:41 +0000, P.A.Osborne wrote:

>Morning chaps!
>
>I have just been offered a Sun 3/60 - whatever one of the is,  as its
>a bit before what I have collected before.
>
>A couple of questions:
>
>1.  what is a 3/60?

Sun VME workstation (though it's not the typical VME, just a one board system), 24 SIMM sockets,
expandable to a P4 framebuffer (I believe the equivalent to a CG6), on-board SCSI, AUI, serial, the usual.

Great machine, someone on the list gave me theirs - I have mine netbooting NetBSD, with 24MB of RAM.

Oh yeah, and speed - 68020 @ 20MHz.  Boots really quick, too, for an older machine.

>2.  is it worth me sneaking it in the back door while the girlfriend
>    is out?

Personally, I think it's a pretty good machine, so yeah, why not?  What have you go to lose?

This will be your new mission, should you accept it... =)

Paul