[SunRescue] Part Numbers

Ken Hansen n2vip at impop.bellatlantic.net
Sun Apr 30 18:33:35 CDT 2000

There is a part number and an option/order number.

There may be several part numbers to the same option/order
number, i.e several revisions of the same piece.

Part numbers look like 501-XXXX.

Order/Option numbers look like X3670A.

When you buy an item from Sun, you order by the
option/order number, the part number you will get is
determined by the current engineering change level
for the item ordered.

Clear as mud, right? ;^)

HTH,

Ken